Principal Software Engineer, Bioinformatics
August 21st 2020
OmniTier, founded in 2015, is a multidisciplinary team of developers, bioinformaticians, and memory storage engineers, committed to big data challenges in life sciences field. Our founding team was instrumental in developing many of the flash memory technologies widely used today. Our passion is utilizing this memory technology to create customized, accelerated software solutions for genomics, edge computing, and machine learning analytics.
We are backed by highly esteemed corporate and angel investors. We have a very open and collaborative environment, with a strong focus on delivering innovative solutions. We are seeking people who enjoy startup culture and are innovative, focused, and committed to excellence. We respect passion and enthusiasm for solving real-world problems.
The company has offices in Milpitas, California and Rochester, Minnesota.
- Design and develop high performance production-grade pipelines to process Whole Genome or Whole Exome Sequencing data
- Develop distributed system infrastructure to efficiently run the NGS pipelines on a cluster of servers
- Come up with scalable implementations that leverage all available compute to improve solution performance
- Design and implement new algorithms and schemes to leverage flash-based storage.
- Collaborate with other teams to optimize solutions.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science or in bioinformatics; M.S. a plus.
- 5+ years of programming experience in C/C++, Java, Go, Python or similar programming language
- Experience with building NGS pipelines and analyzing large volumes of data
- Strong SW background, including system performance and algorithmic complexity
- Experience in developing applications using Golang and React.js
- Good understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Milpitas, CA or Rochester, MN
Apply by sending your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.